Various parts of this site allow for user information or any other data to be transmitted or posted on the site (hereinafter referred to as “User Submissions”). These include personal information, photographs, videos, audio materials, written scripts, articles, opinions, or any other form of material. Such User Submissions shall be subject to the following conditions:
By submitting any material to this Site, you accept to provide a non-revocable, unlimited Global license to the User Submissions by Website Network Owner who in turn shall have the right to use, distribute, modify, alter or delete parts of the User Submission as per its own discretion and on any platform or media whatsoever.
- User Submissions may be used by Website Network Owner for any purpose including, but not limited to the reproduction, broadcasting, transmission, editing, cutting, reformation, adapting, posting, or any other use as per the sole discretion of by Website Network Owner
- You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and any claims, damages, third party rights, as well as any legal action or proceeding arising out of the use and submission of this material.
- By submitting any User Submission, you hereby affirm, represent and warrant that you have the right to submit such material and that you have obtained all necessary clearances, licenses, consents, rights and permissions to use and authorize by Website Network Owner to use any material submitted, including the rights to all patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright or other proprietary rights in any and all User Submissions.
- You undertake that you will not submit or disclose on this site any material or information that is protected by or subject to any copyright, trade secret or any third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights unless all rights have been obtained from the rights owners to submit the material and/or information and grant the license indicated herein by Website Network Owner
- You further undertake not to submit any material or information that is deemed unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, political, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive, considered as a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, encourages criminal action or violates the law, culture or internationally accepted norms and codes of ethics.
- You hereby grant by Website Network Owner a global, non-revocable, exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable license to broadcast, distribute, display, reproduce, cut, edit, re-edit, delete, sell or modify the material or information submitted by you without any limitation whatsoever, in any media format and on any platform at the sole discretion of by Website Network Owner This License shall not be limited by period or territory.
- You hereby further assign by Website Network Owner (by way of permanent assignment of present and future copyright) all rights of any nature in and to such material throughout the world including all renewals and reversions thereof.
- The Website Network Owner shall have the right and final say on the display of User Submissions, and under no circumstances is by Website Network Owner obliged to display or include on this site all or part of any User Submission.
Your Information Privacy
The Website Network provides a public service. Everything we do has to benefit you, our audience. We can give you more of what you love when we understand you better. To do that, we ask you to sign in to some of our products and services. We also use your data to benefit you in two ways:
More personalized news for You
It helps us make the BBC more personal for you. It means we can:
Recommend things we think you’ll like
- Show you content that’s relevant to where you live
- Make sure you can use things that are appropriate for your geolocation and age.
Better news for Everyone
As a public service, we need to make something for everyone. As more of our content gets consumed online, it helps to understand who’s consuming it so that we can:
- Check we really are making something for everyone.
- Learn more about what you love so that we can make better stuff in the future.
That’s why we ask you to sign in and provide a bit of information. But throughout all of this, we’re committed to making sure your personal, private data stays safe and secure.
We will always explain clearly what data we’re collecting about you and why. We will only collect the data we need to:
- give you a better experience;
- improve our services;
- fulfill our responsibilities as a public service.
It’s up to you how you use our services. And you can manage or delete your Make My City Smart account at any time.
Your trust is very important to us. So we’re committed to keeping your data safe and secure. The Websites Network Owner promise to never sell your personal details to anyone and to only use your data commercially if you’re using a commercial Smart City Network service.
Remember that posting a comment on the internet is like making a public announcement. Everyone can see that information, not just the person you have been talking to.
People you meet online may not be who they seem. They can post information about themselves which may not be true and encourage you to build up a picture of them which is misleading.
Never give out your contact details
- This includes things like:
- Postal address and postcode.
- Telephone number (including mobile)
- Email address
Comments which contain contact details, sensitive personal information, or encouraging offsite contact will be removed under the House Rules. Take care when giving out information that could help someone to locate you. If you see contact details in a message, use the report link beneath the comment to alert the moderators.
Tell us if you are worried
If you feel you are the victim of abusive or harassing behavior anywhere on the Websites Network Owner, please alert one or more example comments to the moderators using the report link beneath the comment. Please explain the situation as clearly as you can so that we are able to investigate.
the Websites Network Owner always investigates complaints made by members of our online communities and cooperates fully with the authorities in the event that an individual’s comments are considered threatening, abusive, or harmful.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?