The Sales Manager plays a crucial role in the success of the Company’s sales efforts. The SM manages a portfolio of strategic local accounts and focuses on business development with local establishments. This role develops and maintains retailer, and seasonal accounts, analyzing and reporting sales data, and assisting with marketing efforts in the assigned market through such efforts as identifying branding opportunities for our Sales team. This role is the face of our company in the industry, and therefore, the individual in this role must be highly skilled at selling the benefits of our brand.
The ideal candidate will have relevant industry experience, a strong sense of ownership, and a proven history of working with cross-functional teams and on-premise accounts. This individual will be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a fast-growing, quality-focused brewing and packaging company with an aggressive expansion plan. We are building a team of qualified, professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a focus on creating a great workplace.
- Build partnerships with strategic accounts, on-premise, in assigned territory.
- Create growth strategies for our partners through the creation and execution of a strategic product assortment plan that appeals to our accounts and drives maximum sales.
- Negotiate with existing and potential accounts for promotions, branding, etc.
- Effectively manage and optimize a strategic account portfolio while also opening new accounts.
- Develop tactics and materials necessary to pitch Company to new potential partners.
- Open new accounts that appeal to our consumer base.
- The initiate sales process with seasonal and designated key accounts by scheduling appointments, making initial presentations, and understanding account requirements.
Organizing and Planning
- Maintain an updated and documented customer business cases.
- Conduct regular formal reviews and segment and prioritize your market as needed to maximize sales potential.
- Evaluate brand performance and inventory levels.
- Manage and communicate the opportunity pipeline.
- Develop a quarterly target list built from goals and objectives.
- Analyze and develop sales opportunities
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure products are presented in a way that engages our customers and delivers a brand experience consistent with our goals.
- Assist in creating volume projections and marketing budgets.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account s needs, and dependable service.
- Maintain a consistent market visitation schedule between all assigned territories.
Judgment and Decision-making
- Make intelligent sales decisions through a strong understanding of our brand, industry trends, customer demand, and historical quantitative data.
- Adjust sales tactics to market trends and a dynamic, opportunity-based sales environment.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (e. g. conduct price surveys, evaluate a discount program, submit expense reports)
- Maintain professional image and demeanor at all times Additional duties as assigned